The Power to Reduce Expenses
Ideal for medium- to heavy-duty motive power applications, Hawker’s Water Less® battery is a great option for operations that want to reduce time spent on and expenses associated with battery maintenance. The Water Less® battery’s proprietary grid metallurgy, water-saving sleeve separator material and vent caps help abate water loss, which typically reduces watering frequency from weekly to four to six times annually.
In addition, the performance of this low-maintenance battery is top notch. Full capacity Water Less® batteries operate at full 85, 100 and 125 capacities and were built to last. You can expect an estimated cycle life of 1,500 to 2,000 cycles, based on one cycle per day and 80% DoD.
Water Less® battery benefits include:
- Lower annual cost of ownership. When you combine purchase price with watering and regular maintenance costs, the Water Less® battery costs less to operate than standard flooded and VRLA batteries. (Based on Water Less® and standard flooded battery cycle lives of 5 years and VRLA cycle life of 3 years).
- Savings of 90% or better on watering expenses. Why spend extra money to water standard flooded batteries weekly, when Water Less® batteries only require watering four to six times per year?
- Less expensive and higher performance compared to VRLA batteries. Water Less® batteries cost less up front, while providing higher capacity and two more years of cycle life then VRLA batteries.
- No need to purchase a special charger. The Water Less® battery can be charged on a standard charger.
- Maintenance-free with a maintenance plan. Leave the watering and maintenance to us.